Make pizza on your wood pellet grill with this creative recipe for the whole family. Makes 4 individual pizzas.
1 lb (453g) white pizza dough
½ jar pizza sauce
1 lb (453g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ lb (225g) pepperoni, thinly sliced
4 small mushrooms, sliced
1 oz (28g) Parmesan cheese
You'll Also Need:
Pizza stone (optional)
1. Divide dough into fourths and flatten each fourth with fingers and palms until it is thin. Brush both sides with olive oil and place each pizza between 2 pieces of greaseproof paper. Set aside.
2. Preheat grill to 200°C and prepare pizza toppings while grill is heating.
3. Remove greaseproof paper from dough and place directly on cooking grid or on a pizza stone. Cook dough on one side for about 3–4 minutes, or until topside is slightly puffed and bottom is crisp.
4. Remove dough from the grill and place on a piece of aluminum foil with the grilled side up. Brush with pizza sauce and scatter cheese over the sauce. Place pepperoni and mushrooms on top (or other desired toppings). Sprinkle on oregano and Parmesan cheese.
5. Use a spatula to place pizzas back on the cooking grill with toppings side face up. Cook 3–4 minutes, or until cheese melts and bottom is crisp and brown.
– Save time by using pre-made pizza crusts, available at your local bakery or grocery store.
– Lay out small pizza crusts with a variety of ingredients as a fun, buffet style so everyone can make their own pizzas.
– Experiment with a variety of ingredients like roasted bell peppers, goat cheese, onions, Italian sausage, ground beef, bacon, olives, fresh basil, anchovies, tomatoes, shrimp, spinach, or avocado. Do not add raw meats as toppings.