Memphis style pulled pork with American potato salad
Pulled pork Ingredients
1 (3-4kg) Bone-in Pork Shoulder
1 cup of English Mustard*
140g Of Your Favourite Cajun Barbecue Spice
140g Brown Sugar
* Yellow mustard acts as a binder to the meat. The mustard flavor is cooked out during the long cook.
Potato Salad Ingredients
1 kg Salad potatoes
1 ½ cups mayonnaise
1 cup sweet red onion, diced
1 cup cheese, shredded
½ cup cooked bacon bits
½ cup ranch dressing
2 tbsp diced parsley
2 tbsp white vinegar
½ tbsp black pepper
Salt (to Taste)
1. Set your smoker to 100°C. While your grill is heating, remove the pork from it’s packaging and place on a baking tray. Rub the pork down with yellow mustard.
2. Mix BBQ spice and brown sugar in a bowl. Rub the pork down with entire mixture, allowing time for the rub to melt into the meat.
3. Place the meat in the smoker and cook for 6 hours.
4. While the pork roast is cooking, prepare your potato salad by boiling the potatoes in a large pot until soft. In a large bowl, mash them lightly with skin still on and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. After 6 hours, remove the roast and double wrap in tin foil. Turn the grill up to 120°C and cook the roast for another 2 hours or until the roast has reached an internal temperature of 97°C.
6. Pull apart and serve on a bun with your favourite fixings and potato salad.
Recipe By Louisiana Grills